Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SOME ADVICE FROM WWE SUPERSTARS MAY PUMP U BODYBUILDING FREAKS!


BILL GOLDBERG:DIET AND WORKOUT

Bill Goldberg: Diet and WorkoutYeah, Bill Goldberg is real deal. Just call him the master of reinvention.

His pro football career halted by injury, Bill Goldberg became a wrestling superstar and parlayed his popularity into roles in film and TV once he left the ring.

Now the superbuff car buff, who owns 23 autos and drag-races for fun, has found another perfect role: hosting Spike TV’s new road-race reality show Bullrun, which premieres March 12.

In an interview with M&F, he answered questions about his training routine, diet, and gave training advice for guys in their 30s and 40s.

What was your first experience with lifting?

My father bought me a weight set when I was 16. My two older brothers did the same thing years before me, so I had guys to look up to and learn from. They helped me so I didn’t make the same mistakes they did.

How important is fitness to you now?

It’s the most important thing in my life. I make my living with my body, and I have a wife and young son and I want to be on this planet as long as humanly possible. I’m addicted to training.

I’ve got a 2,500-square-foot gym above my garage. I’m in there at 5:30 a.m. five days a week. I trained every day for 15 years, but now it’s more of a maintenance thing.

What’s your usual routine?

I train whatever my body tells me to train. I don’t do a preset regimen. I pick two bodyparts I feel I need to train and don’t do those more than twice a week. I train as it pertains to my job.

I don’t train as a bodybuilder, nor have I ever. I train more like a powerlifter because I generate explosion. I do Olympic moves, snatches, major core moves, all in an hour. The longer you train, the more monotonous it gets, so you’ve got to shock your muscles and change it up.

You recently turned 40. How does getting older affect your workouts?

I couldn’t care less how old I am as long as I can get up and train early in the morning before 90% of the planet is even awake. That way I feel like I’m ahead of the game. I feel much better when I train. A lot of people relax when they have an injury.

I’ve been hurt so many times that when I abstain, it’s not only bad for me but the blood flow decreases. I also stretch a lot, because a longer muscle is a stronger muscle. And I kickbox. I co-own a kickboxing gym in Oceanside, California — Extreme Power and Fitness.

What do you do when you travel? How did you work out during Bullrun?

That was the hardest part about doing the show. I trained at three different gyms during the 3½-week period. It was very, very tough. The special-effects department brought along a couple of sets of dumbbells, and I had bands that I carry with me.

You do what you can. You don’t necessarily need a gym to work out, but I missed it.

What’s your diet like?

High protein, low-fat. A typical breakfast is 12 egg whites with one yolk, half a pound of turkey bacon and half a pot of coffee. For lunch, I try to eat as much protein as possible. I drink a hell of a lot of water, something like 15 bottles a day.

Another major factor in my training is sleep. Sleep is just as important, if not more, than training. But with a little baby, I try to take naps during the day. It’s really crucial.

Any other training advice for guys in their 30s and 40s?

Realize that you’re not gonna be able to throw up the heavy weight or recuperate as fast. So be smart about it and find ways to overcome.

BATISTA'S fat-blasting workout


When two-time, former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dave Batista speaks, people listen. When Batista told me he had a workout for the Maximum Fitness reader, I listened, too. Batista’s fat-blasting workout is different from the typical workout you’ll see from a professional wrestler. Why? For one thing, Batista isn’t any ordinary WWE Superstar. His meteoric rise in professional wrestling began in 2002, when he was noticed by Ric Flair—arguably the greatest professional wrestler in the history of the industry. Under Flair’s mentoring, Batista quickly transformed himself from an admitted bodybuilder at heart to championship material. Joining forces with professional wrestling’s elite faction, Evolution, Batista became a household name. But fame and notoriety proved to be not enough; Batista set his sights on being the very best, and he delivered in 2005 when he became the World Heavyweight Champion for the first time at Wrestlemania 21.

What’s the difference for this workout, you may ask? Simply put, this workout is designed for you. This is not a workout to get you twice the size you need to be in half the time. No empty promises of being able to powerslam Triple H through a wrestling ring here. This is a workout that will help you blast away fat and work your entire body to make you stronger and leaner.

Performing in different cities in front of millions on a daily basis, Batista has very little time for much of anything other than his WWE matches—this was the catalyst for this workout. Intensity is the key. There’s nobody better than Batista himself to show us how to get an intense workout and see results.

THE WORKOUT:

A peripheral heart action (PHA) workout is more commonly known as circuit training. This workout is different from standard cardio-based circuit training because it focuses on fast-paced resistance training to help you lose weight, maintain muscle and increase endurance.

The key is to rest for very short periods of time between every set. Each set consists of 12 reps. You’ll also notice that there aren’t three different exercises for any specific body part—this isn’t target training. Continuous motion in this resistance-based circuit will ensure that you blast fat and stay strong.

ADVICE FROM JOHN CENA

This is probably not what Pagan wwe reporter had envisioned when he learned he won the Gold’s Gym “Win a Boot Camp Workout with WWE Superstar John Cena!” sweepstakes. While Cena changes in the locker room, two cameramen, a soundman, a lighting technician, a producer, a still photographer and a WWE.com reporter go into action. Even Pagan’s wife whips out her video camera to document what is happening.

“He’s really been looking forward to this,” says Lisandra. “My husband buys tickets to every live show that’s in New York and every meet and greet that John Cena has in Long Island. He always goes to it with the kids.”

Pagan sits on a bench in the corner of gym to do a quick interview before the real workout begins.

“I’m expecting the worst since it’s a boot camp workout,” laughs Pagan. “I hope he doesn’t take it easy on me.”

The Champ emerges from the locker room and bangs out a couple of shots for the cameras. Finally, it’s time to get the workout underway as Cena leads Pagan over to the free weights. The guys are going to workout Pagan’s favorite muscle group: the arms. Cena starts by doing a set of lying triceps extensions, explaining his exercise philosophy as he goes.

“I hate cardio, so if you can move quickly between sets, you don’t have to deal with that crap,” Cena says as the whole crew chuckles. The Champ finishes his set and hands the weight to Pagan. The men trade off and work through three sets each before taking off across the gym.

Cena demonstrates the next triceps exercise, cable pressdowns, and the men start working through their sets. When Pagan’s muscles start to get fatigued, Cena cuts the weight in half and has him do 10 more reps with the lighter weight.

“It’s not about how much you lift, but how good you feel afterward,” Cena tells Pagan.

The two men go back across the gym to the free weights, camera crews in tow. Cena, who actually worked at Gold’s Gym while pursuing a bodybuilding career, rearranges the benches so Pagan can go right from seated overhead triceps extensions to triceps kickbacks.

Next Cena takes him to do dips. Pagan looks at him skeptically since he has never done them before.

“Do as many as you can,” The Champ tells him. “If you crash and burn early, that means you're working hard.” Pagan makes it through eight dips on the first set and Cena predicts he can do four on the next, but challenges him to prove him wrong. Pagan grinds out five.

For the second half of the workout, Cena focuses on the biceps showing Pagan several variations of biceps curls. The intensity of the workout is really catching up with the sweaty Pagan, but Cena’s inner personal trainer comes out to encourage him along.

“He’s looking like a champ,” says Cena. “You’re looking bigger with every set. We’re going to take a break soon… after a few more sets,” Pagan and the crew all laugh.

The workout is over and Pagan looks relieved.

“It was a great workout,” says Pagan whose arms are already sore. “I’m going to continue the workouts he showed me and like he said, to workout fast to get the whole body done instead of coming in, doing a couple of things and not really getting anything done.”

“Hector did awesome,” says Cena before leaving. “I think today was really good for him. I think he’s like everyone else in believing that if you lift weights you have to go heavy and you have to do low reps to get strong. That’s not necessarily the case. You can cut down on your injuries a lot and stay healthy not only strength-wise, but cardiovascular-wise just by altering your training a little bit," he says

“You can print this: I don’t do any straight cardio. I hate the treadmill. I hate the Stairmaster. I hate bikes. I hate it. This is my message to anyone out there looking to get in shape, wanting to know what to do: don’t do anything you don’t like because this should be fun. I enjoy being in the gym. I enjoy working out," says The Champ. "If you want to get stronger, but you don’t like lifting weights, don’t F’n lift weights. If you like to play hoops, play hoops. If you like to golf, go walk 18 instead of getting in a cart. You don’t necessarily have to workout in a gym to get healthy.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

It has come to our attention that our content (BILL GOLDBERG: DIET AND WORKOUT) has been reposted on http://completebodybuilding.blogspot.com/.

You have not been given permission to repost any parts of our content on your blog.

You have 24 hours to remove all posting in which our content was used. If the content is not removed within specified time, we will be pursuing a legal action and your Internet service provider will receive a copyright infringement notice. Your site will be reported to Google, Yahoo, MSN and other search engines as a spam site which duplicates content.

Regards,
Shumaker, Kendrick, and Loop LLP ESQ.
iFitandHealthy.com